Fact – WHAT DOES BRIDGETON ONIZED FCU CREDIT UNION DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the accounts or services you have with us. This information can include:
• Social Security number and Employment information
• Account transactions, payment history and wire transfer instructions
• Credit history and credit scores
When you are no longer our member, we will not share your information except as permitted or required by law as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons Bridgeton Onized Federal Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does Bridgeton Onized FCU Credit Union share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes — such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus.||YES||NO|
|For our marketing purposes — to offer our products and services to you.||YES||NO|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies.||YES||NO|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your transactions and experiences||NO||WE DON'T SHARE|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your creditworthiness||NO||WE DON'T SHARE|
|For affiliates to market to you||NO||WE DON'T SHARE|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||NO||WE DON'T SHARE|
WHAT WE DO
How does BOFCU protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We also restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees and volunteers who need to know the information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect this information.
How does BOFCU Credit Union collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
• Open an account or apply for a loan
• Apply for any credit union service
• Visit our website, provide us information on any online application or transaction, or information you send to us by email.
• Use your credit or debit card or pay your bills
• Make deposits to or withdrawals from your accounts
• Tell us about your investment or retirement portfolio
We also collect your personal information from others, including credit bureaus or other companies
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law only gives you the right to limit information sharing as follows:
• sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
• affiliates from using your information to market to you
• sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
However, we do not have any affiliates with whom we share any information.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
• Bridgeton Onized Federal Credit Union has no affiliates.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
• Bridgeton Onized Federal Credit Union does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you, except for our joint marketing arrangements.
A formal agreement between Bridgeton Onized Federal Credit Union and a nonaffiliated financial company where we jointly market financial products or services to you.
• Our joint marketing partners include credit card companies, financial services, and insurance companies.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Questions? Call 800.548.5465 or go to BOFCU.com or write to us at: Bridgeton Onized FCU, 524 N Pearl St, Bridgeton, NJ 08302