Apply to become a member of BOFCU today and take advantage of competitive loan rates, a variety of account programs, and personalized customer service to help you meet your financial goals. A prospective member can become eligible to join our Credit Union in one of four ways: through a select employer group, being a family member of an existing BOFCU member, or through an Association or Community Support Group.
Have questions before you apply?
- Two forms of identification
- 1st: Photo ID, valid driver’s license/State ID, Real ID or Passport
- 2nd: Social Security Card, photo work ID, major credit card, or school ID for individuals too young for a driver’s license
- Proof of address is required if the address on your ID is different.
- Proof of eligibility or Community Support Group donation ($10.00)
- Minimum balance funds ($5.00)
- If you are on our system as owing funds from a previous account, a new account cannot be opened unless you are prepared to pay what is owed.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information on personal accounts to identify each person who opens an account. In addition, on legal entity accounts, we will require the identification of beneficial owners and controlling persons.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.